[clug] Poweroff doesn't work, it just reboots

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed Nov 11 10:51:54 UTC 2015

On 11/11/15 21:37, George at Clug wrote:
>       Has anyone experienced this issue where you select "Shutdown" and
> the computer shuts down and the reboots instead of staying shut down,

I am of f22/Xfce and at times see this. Moreover, when it restarts it bypasses the login process.
And to be clear, the power led on the machine does go off for a few seconds before it restarts.

However I am attempting Hibernate rather than Shutdown.

> and know of a suitable fix?

No :-( These days my habit is to turn the machine off at the PS switch rather than wait
to see if it restarts.

[trim]

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)