[clug] IPv6 talks

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 10 00:35:39 UTC 2015

Hi George,

Happy to do a talk on IPv6, but looks like this months slot is taken.
December is usually a time for partying, don't know if we are planning
on a CLUG main meeting.
We could go for January, given that LCA 2016 is actually on in Feb...

In the meantime, as with all things techy, Wikipedia is your friend.

I have the slight advantage of having formally routed IPv6 addresses
at work via AARNet etc. I haven't tried playing with IPv6 at home yet.

I do have a machine at work which only talks IPv6 (have had it for
around 9 years now, in one guise or another). Without IPv4, the
Internet is a dark and barren landscape (hint: I needed to set up a
DNS server which talks IPv6 and an http proxy for APT (eg. squid) to
even install this machine!).

Things have improved a bit now. For example, the Australian
security.debian.org mirror, located a few metres from my office, talks
IPv6, but ftp.au.debian.org doesn't... mirror.aarnet.edu.au does IPv6
(but it's debian repositories are often "behind"). etc.

cheers,

Bob Edwards.