[clug] iView on a TV that doesn't support it

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at vandradlabs.com.au
Sat May 2 20:16:59 MDT 2015

All

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 11:24:29AM +1000, Ian Matters wrote:
> My limited understanding is that while Chrome includes its own Adobe Flash Player Plug-in, Chromium does not. Installing Chrome eliminates the need to separately install the somewhat outdate version of the Adobe Flash Player Plug-in. AFAIK the current version of flash for ???doze or Mac is 17.0  but the Linux version is stuck 11.2. The problem with iView is that it currently requires version 11.7 or later. Installing Chrome seems to solve the problem for Linux users.

On my debian system:

# sudo update-flashplugin-nonfree --install --verbose
options :  --install --verbose
temporary directory: /tmp/flashplugin-nonfree.x5oJvokjZr
importing public key ...
selected action = --install
installed version = 11.2.202.457
upstream version = 11.2.202.457
upstream version 11.2.202.457 is already installed

Appears that Adbobe are still maintaining 11.2.xxx for Linux, but there is no new features
or advances beyond tha
--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
 tmc at vandradlabs dot com dot au