[clug] What Meta-Data?

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Mar 21 03:44:04 MDT 2015

Hi jm:

> A lot of that article is strange. It basically says the government is
> trying to say "Trust us were the government". Let us (govt) get the
> legislation through then we'll define what it means and allows us to
> do. Another bizarre section,
>
>    When asked whether web browsing history is retained, Hartland said
>    that it would require a warrant for ASIO to ask for web browsing
>    history to be kept. She did, however, indicate that download volume
>    may be retained as part of the metadata set.
>

> I'm wondering (assuming Hartland isn't getting it wrong) what download
> volume would tell you that is of interest to law enforcement.

Because people behave habitually, they can be caught in advance by
predictive policing!

{Instead of psychics, the concept of predictive policing relies on
mathematical algorithms to predict when and where crimes will occur, so
that police can beat the perpetrators to the scene.}

http://criminologycareers.about.com/od/Career_Trends/a/Predictive-policing.htm

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/