[clug] Wickr and previous privacy discussion

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Wed Mar 18 22:49:50 MDT 2015

On 19 March 2015 at 15:33, Hal Ashburner <hal at ashburner.info> wrote:
> If
> you ever see a crime (eg murder) committed by a well connected and
> powerful person and don't feel right about being complicit and
> ignoring it - that's when you have something to hide.

This reads badly. I don't mean "Tony Abbott's mate," nothing wrong
with being a mat of Tony for mine. I do mean "Member of well
established organised crime syndicate with senior police & public
servants on the payroll." Which is something we know has happened
rather often before in this country - maybe it's all squeaky clean now
and will always be in the future. Interesting bet to make, what's the
payoff if you're right? Oh and "Senior" that means "anyone who has
access to the records." So maybe the sysadmin or some bozo at the
remote backup site on a temp contract or ..." Yeah that's what we're
dealing with.

Our elections are both secret and anonymous ballots for the same
reasons as you should install these things. Go on. Go! I did.