[clug] Pointless time-wasting bash questions

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 23:15:23 MDT 2015

I came to to Perl late in the piece (v5). I describe Powershell as perl v2
(even though I have never used perl v2). It is very slow and has a bunch of
wierdness.
A foreach loop is a great builtin function that happens to silently fail on
hash objects, which are the practical data structure in powershell in the
same vein as perl.
The syntax is even similar.
On 26/06/15 14:54, csirac2 at gmail.com wrote:

> On a side-note, I'd love to see a PowerShell talk - curious to see how
> Microsoft apparently solves these problems (allegedly by having data types
> other than strings).

They might discuss that on the CWUG list. :-)

Brett

--