[clug] Thursday afternoon Perl/bash golf time

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Thu Jun 11 05:59:24 MDT 2015

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Andrew Janke wrote:

> On 11 June 2015 at 16:51, Peter Barker <pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
>> Good idea!
>>

>> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> I've used something close to this.

It also occured to me this-afternoon that it should be possible to use
something like btrfs to paste extents of a file together.

I'm not the first person to think of that; google for
BTRFS_IOC_CLONE_RANGE

I was unable to find anyone who'd managed to do it.

Of course, you've probably replaced your fairly simple "cat files
together" to "move everyone to another filesystem" and possibly "move
everyone to another operating system"....

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.