[clug] Man pages.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:24:47 UTC 2015

I've written and maintained man pages for some time now for software
toolkits. These toolkits are now all developed on github and it begs
the question if I should use something else to write the documentation
(markdown?) and then create the man page from it via some tool.
(pandoc, ronn, ascii things, xml things).

There are a number of choices, I like ronn on the surface due to the
markdown support meaning it could instantly serve as online
documentation via one of the github documentatio engines.

So, anyone have any advice and has played in this area? For an example see here:

   https://github.com/BIC-MNI/minc-tools/blob/master/progs/mincstats/mincstats.man1

ta