[clug] Spam on the list.

Ian Munsie darkstarsword at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:55:18 UTC 2015

> In the end, I gave up trying to roll my own and now rely on google, who do
> pretty well on filtering everything into a spam folder for me.

I ended up disabling GMail's spam filter (which is only possible to do via
a filter that matches all mail to never mark anything as spam) - I found
that it was getting way too many false positives, and at the time I was
only getting a volume of 1 spam message per day on average, which is quite
manageable by hand. That volume has increased recently however - it's now
at an average of 5 / day, but all the new ones are in Chinese for some
reason and it's still small enough to manage by hand.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if GMail is still doing something to keep
the volume as low as it is.

Cheers,
-Ian

--