[clug] Spam on list (was Re: Photo management?)

Tim Potter tpot at booleancandy.com.au
Wed Dec 23 22:49:43 UTC 2015

> On 24 Dec 2015, at 8:52 am, steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> Same.
> Reported it to the list admins, heard nothing.

I'm not sure who is list admin these days, but it's possible that this is occurring outside
of the list.  Do the spam messages look like they are being sent by lists.samba.org?

I imagine that this could be someone harvesting active email addresses from publicly
available list archives and sending spam directly.  I'm not seeing any messages in
my spam folder but they could be being filtered out upstream.

Tim.