[clug] Mini-ITX NAS build vs Fractal Define R5 series

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Thu Dec 10 03:55:38 UTC 2015

On 10/12/15 13:43, Chris Smart wrote:
> The DS380 _is_ hot-swappable, the Node is _not_ hot-swappable.
>
> The Node already has good fans in place, I don't think it needs any
> modification, which is nice.

If you need something that's hot-swappable, a friend of mine has had
good luck with Lian-Li PC-Q25 (max 5 x hot-swap):

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q25/

Or if you need lots of hot-swap, could go the Lian Li PC-Q26 (max 10 x
hot-swap). You'll need to buy extra backplanes, though:

http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-q26/

With both of these cases you have to take a side off to get to the
drives, however.

There is also the U-NAS line, although I've not used them and expect the
1RU PSU will be noisy by comparison:

http://www.u-nas.com/product/nsc600.html

-c

--