[clug] White Firefox window

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Aug 15 15:41:42 UTC 2015

Dear Scott:

Under the subject "White Firefox window", you directed me as follows.
{Please don't respond more than once to a post.}
Yet you habitually toldd me to perform tests and report their results.
Which I did not feel able to do all in one go.

Yet my In-box still has messages that I have deemed too hard to quickly
act upon. These have the subjects "Flashing the Neo Freerunner", and
"Printer driver".

In "Removing older kernels -> Ubuntu on a legacy PC", you suggested
installing VirtualBox. Which in "Ubuntu on a legacy PC", I said that I
had done. So I now have a 299-page manual to read. That's called "Oracle
VM VirtualBox User Manual". Before I get to your instruction to "try
trusty with Xubuntu"!

>>> Reset firefox:-
>>> backup  ~/.mozilla/firefox/
>> I installed backup. Resulting in the following dialogue request.
> Um, tar might have been a simpler backup method, or just cping that
> *directory* to another name.
>
> *Installed* backup?

Above, you had told me to run the "backup" program--that I didn't have!
Then I ran into the following quoted issue.

> {Configuring openafs-client
> ├─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
>    │ AFS filespace is organized into cells or administrative domains.
> Each workstation belongs to one cell.  Usually the cell is   │
>    │ the DNS domain name of the site. │
> │ │
>    │ AFS cell this workstation belongs to:            }
>
> I do not know how to respond!

> I 'could' ask just how many machines you manage on that network - but
> that may lead to the mistaken impression that I could assist (and the
> possible answer that you only have one computer).

I have one desktop PC. To which I used to connect via USB, my mobile phone.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/