[clug] White Firefox window

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Aug 15 08:16:37 UTC 2015

Thanks, Scott:

> It 'sounds' like you have a problem with hardware acceleration -
> probably caused by an add-on. Make sure they are all updated.

Those would have been recent, as I had not long ago reinstalled Ubuntu!
But because of the white-out--I couldn't see how to update them in Firefox!

> For future reference(?), try the following first before reinstalling:-
>
> Try firefox in safe-mode:-
> firefox -safemode&

That opened the same white window, which I shut. Then on the terminal
the following showed.

(firefox:6299): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **:
dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion
`gtk_accelerator_valid(key, modifier)' failed
Job 1, “firefox -safemode&” has ended

> Reset firefox:-
> backup  ~/.mozilla/firefox/

I installed backup. Resulting in the following dialogue request.

{Configuring openafs-client
   │ AFS filespace is organized into cells or administrative domains.
Each workstation belongs to one cell.  Usually the cell is   │
   │ the DNS domain name of the site. │
│ │
   │ AFS cell this workstation belongs to:            }

I do not know how to respond!

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/