[clug] QubesOS now has a Live USB version

Paul Harvey csirac2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:34:43 UTC 2015

Keep in mind that this a nested "VM in a VM" situation; something that
can be done with Xen hypervisor guests but requires some extra steps
(given that your host OS is hogging some CPU features that Xen would
traditionally claim for itself).

Exactly what those steps are specifically for Qubes, I'm not sure. Try
the nopat kernel boot option mentioned in this VMWare thread [1] which
has some screenshots on how to get Qubes going under VMWare. I haven't
tried it myself yet but other people have asked how to get it going
under VBox. I just haven't had time yet, but intend to try soon.

It seems it's only in recent years that x86 architecture can do nested
things with Vt-d at all.

[1] https://communities.vmware.com/thread/422107?start=0&tstart=0