[clug] Rsync Diffs

Brett Worth brett.worth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 04:25:52 UTC 2015

On 04/08/15 14:16, Paul Harvey wrote:
> Individual machines may keep accumulating snapshots locally, while you
> randomly and asynchronously transfer those snapshots to multiple other
> filesystems (remote, portable, whatever) at any frequency you like.

The example I gave yesterday had no sizes mentioned.  The data in the filesystem
represents about 200GB of data while the deltas represent about 4-8GB/week. Or 1 to 2 DVD-R's.

If the delta between the two snapshots could be dumped then reapplied to the remote
filesystem then it would work.  Is that possible?

Coincidently these filesystems are in fact on zfs.

Regards
Brett

--