[clug] Cloud + rsync + backup

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Aug 3 02:57:43 UTC 2015

On 08/03/15 12:27, Andrew Janke wrote:
> On 3 August 2015 at 12:21, matt andrews <wantok at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have built some useful solutions with Duplicity[1] in the past. It
>> uses rsync, but also encrypts the archives before storing remotely.
>
> Thanks Matt,
>
> A number of things seem to point at duplicity. Can you comment on the
> diff incrementals? How long do you go (in practise) before having to
> re-upload a complete image?

Can you periodically merge the remote full+diffs into a new full backup
without any transfer?

I understand that some backups actually keep 'current' and reverse diffs
which can be trimmed when not required. This way you never need to re-upload.

Or am I missing something here?

Eyal

Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)