[clug] Linux H/W Question

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Apr 7 05:23:18 MDT 2015

> On 7 Apr 2015, at 9:01 pm, Neil Pickford <neilp at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
>
> I have found $1k level machines aimed at process control or POS but I am really looking for something a lot cheaper.

Paul McGowan of Yawarra has been selling Intel "tiny shiny cool stuff”  or fanless boxes for a while.
He’ll give a discount if you’re a member of a User Group and ask.

You can get 512Kb and they support CF’s. Definitely under 20W :)
External cases avail too…

HTH
steve

base price $410, ALIX-XL
<http://www.yawarra.com.au/shop/servers/alix-1-xl/>

base price $350, ALIX-2 (various configs, ether vs miniPCI
<http://www.yawarra.com.au/shop/servers/alix-2-3/>

base price $265, ALIX-3. Includes VGA.
<http://www.yawarra.com.au/shop/servers/alix-3/>

==== desktops ======

$574 ffor ‘Utilite”, a desktop [currently out of stock]
<http://www.yawarra.com.au/shop/desktops/utilite-pro/>

Fit-PC 2 base price $795
<http://www.yawarra.com.au/shop/desktops/fit-pc2/>

--