[clug] Flashing the Neo FreeRunner

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Mon Apr 6 02:27:55 MDT 2015

I am trying do this firmware upgrade.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner

So I have backed up.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Backup

And from the following repository, I have downloaded to my PC's desktop,
these files.
http://downloads.openmoko.org/distro/releases/Om2008.12/
     * Om2008.12-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
     * Om2008.12-om-gta02.uImage.bin

In a terminal window, "apropos dfu" shows that I have the following
programs/commands.
     * dfu-util (1)         - Device firmware update (DFU) USB programmer
     * dfutool (1)          - Device Firmware Upgrade utility

I have also downloaded the NeoTool bash script.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NeoTool
As it starts "#!/bin/bash", I guess that it should go into my PC's
"/bin" directory--although I don't see a "bash" subdirectory therein. So
I put it on the PC's desktop.

According to the dfu-util manual, I tried unsuccessfully to get
/proc/bus/usb mounted.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manuals/Dfu-util
First I got this error: "ls: cannot access /proc/bus/usb: No such file
or directory".
So as instructed, I used the command: "sudo mount -t usbfs usbfs
/proc/bus/usb".
But this error resulted: "mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist".

I do not feel confident, and so request advice.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/