[clug] OT Attack against the person: was More Off-topic rambling

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sun Apr 5 00:32:23 MDT 2015

Hi Steve:

 >> Whonix' list of things <https://www.whonix.org/wiki/DoNot> that you
should not do if you don't want to nullify all your attempts to anonymity.

 > Don’t be a dick.

{An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"), short for
argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a
person's character, rather than to the content of their arguments.}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

 > This is a LINUX list, not a security, mobile device or anonymous
access list.

{Whonix is a Debian GNU/Linux based security-focused Linux distribution.
It aims to provide privacy, security and anonymity on the internet. The
operating system consists of two virtual machines, a "Workstation" and a
Tor "Gateway", running Debian GNU/Linux. All communication are forced
through the Tor network to accomplish this.}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whonix

 > You know the drill, add [OT] to your subject lines when the post is
NOT about Linux.

{Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and
security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and
security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware
with root privileges can find out the user's real IP. }

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Main_Page

 > There’s NO evidence in what you post that you ever consider the
Reader or you aspire to increase the sum of knowledge on the List.

I ham medically advised that I may tend to some Asperger syndrome.

{Aspie score: 105 of 200;

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 92 of 200;

I have both Aspie and neurotypical traits.}

http://www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/personal/default.htm

 > As for reposting most or all of a webpage to the list, that’s just
bizarre and unthoughtful of others.

I had excerpted one 20th of of the content at the following URL!
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/DoNot

 > I cannot believe you’ve found _just one page_ in the whole wide world
with this information.

I score highly for openness to experience.

{People high in openness are motivated to seek new experiences and to
engage in self-examination. Structurally, they have a fluid style of
consciousness that allows them to make novel associations between
remotely connected ideas.}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience#Psychological_aspects

 > As well, what’s missing from your message is any interpretation and
analysis.

Thank you for providing that.

 > When you post your poorly executed attempts at getting attention, you
should remember they’re becoming part of your Permanent Online Record.
 > Yes, it exists and Google effectively curate it.
 >
 > Every word of drivel and nonsense you post to this list remains
permanently on-line.

 > It isn’t that you’re an annoyance and a laughing-stock to just the
current list members, you’re creating a large body of work that will be
actively searched over many years, probably decades.

{Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the
equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard
for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both
themselves and the others on the project.}

http://www.typelogic.com/intj.html

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/