[clug] Seeking FOSS Hypervisor and Management GUI

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 17:38:24 MDT 2014

On 01/10/14 09:03, George at Clug wrote:

> What are you using for an FOSS or OpenSource Hypervisor and Management
> GUI,_ if you are using any_? .

For full virtualisation, I am slowly transitioning from VirtualBox (runs
on a bunch of host systems) to KVM (Linux hosts only - but that is all I
am really interested in, at the end of the day). Both have reasonable
GUI management interfaces.

For most of my virtualisation, I can easily get by with O/S level
virtualisation and I have transitioned most of the systems I look after,
or assist in looking after, from OpenVZ to Linux Containers (lxc). I
don't use GUI management interfaces for either, the commandline rules!

Hope this is helpful?

Bob Edwards.