[clug] 2nd drive and auto mountiing

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Tue Sep 30 00:43:12 MDT 2014

Hey Paul,

If you've got a permanent drive in the box, have an fstab entry for it
so it's mounted when you boot.

I have one mounted under /data
sudo mkdir /data
Find the uuid by doing
ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/

for me it's uuid pointing to sdb1.

Put a line specifying the uuid, the mount point (/data/) the
filesystem (for me ext4) and the options relevant for the filesystem.

eg

UUID=837933c7-a245-41e0-8a74-76d0cfd93c69       /data   ext4
defaults        1 2

if you type mount, when it's mounted by nautilus when you browse it
you should be able to see the relevant mount options that do whatever
nautilus does there and just say "do that" when it boots.