[clug] Text editor

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sun Oct 26 12:53:12 MDT 2014

Jason:

> I mostly use vim because I got used to vi as the lowest common
> denominator across the Solaris, Linux and embedded Linux boxes I was
> administering.

I have just started practising vim usage on my mobile phone! That is via
SSH, using a terminal window on my desktop computer.

> This is for viewing files (it's fun when your minimalistic Linux
> terminal server lacks "less"), scripting, and configuration file tweaking.

The Busybox subset on the phone leaves me bemused as to how I'll ever
accomplish anything!

> Less' regex support also seems a bit lacking when I'm searching for
> patterns with fiddly characters.

The phone's list of programs in its bin directory includes more--but not
less.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/