[clug] Text editor

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Tue Oct 28 03:57:32 MDT 2014

Thanks, Scott:

> $ busybox vi -H
> These features are available:
>          Pattern searches with / and ?
>          Last command repeat with '.'
>          Line marking with 'x
>          Named buffers with "x
>          Some colon mode commands with ':'
>          Settable options with ":set"
>          Signal catching- ^C
>          Job suspend and resume with ^Z
>          Adapt to window re-sizes
> BusyBox v1.20.2 (Debian 1:1.20.0-7) multi-call binary.
>
> Usage: vi [OPTIONS] [FILE]...
>
> Edit FILE
>
>          -c      Initial command to run ($EXINIT also available)
>          -R      Read-only
>          -H      Short help regarding available features

I entered that command on my phone. And the following was the result

{These features are available:
     Pattern searches with / and ?
     Line marking with 'x
     Named buffers with "x
     Signal catching- ^C
     Job suspend and resume with ^Z
     Adapt to window re-sizes
BusyBox v1.11.1 (2008-12-17 11:16:00 CST) multi-call binary

Usage: vi [OPTION] [FILE]...}

So my phone's earlier version of BusyBox doesn't list the following
features:

Last command repeat with '.'
Some colon mode commands with ':'
Settable options with ":set"
Signal catching- ^C

The "-R" option on your listing but not mine--doesn't work.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/