[clug] CPU speed in MHz

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Nov 17 15:29:39 MST 2014

On 11/18/14 02:53, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> On my PC, "cat /proc/cpuinfo" lists the CPU speed, as follows.
>
> cpu MHz        : 2793.242
>
> But using the same command on my mobile phone does not yield that item.
> Rather I got the following list. How might one calculate an equivalent to the above,
> given this following information?

There is no reliable way to extract the CPU MHz from the numbers here. However, it
is possible that this CPU has a known fixed speed (set by either the manufacturer
or the board design). Check the relevant doco.

For example, this doco (is this your phone?)
	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware
says "400/500 MHz", so I will assume the "BogoMIPS: 199.47" suggests 400MHz.

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)