[clug] edX

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Nov 1 00:34:46 MDT 2014

Thanks, Alex:

> One option is to use a gmail account specially created for the purpose
> of subscribing, and provide fake details (name, address, etc).

I wondered whether any list subscriber had MOOC experience, to help get
me over my phobia!

{*EdX* is a massive open online course
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course> (MOOC)
provider and online learning platform.}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EdX

I noticed that ANU was an edX charter member. So perhaps someone reading
this can relate experience of working with edX.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EdX#Charter_members

I had read that criticism of the MOOC model was different in nature
(educational quality) to my concern. So maybe I'm just being neurotic. :-[

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/