[clug] Eee PC madness

Peter VK1PE vk1pe.peter at gmail.com
Mon May 26 04:14:51 MDT 2014

As usual, great advice and support (emotional and practical). Thank you!

LESSONS:
I discovered that I had used Ultimate Boot (with a downloaded 14.04
.iso) that puts a first-step before Ubuntu.
So, the Eee lappy had a funk rather than installing Ubuntu correctly.
Tonight, I used the other lappy and the built-in USC creator on the same
USB stick.
Bingo. No problem!

Esc to get the boot options up;
Allow the USB to boot;
Select the Install button;
Wait;
Reboot;
MAGIC.

LEARNING ACHIEVED.

Then, 112MB of downloads since the ISO was created. :-)

Thanks, Mike and others.

Peter

PS: Now to use gparted on the USB to create a small partition for my files.