[clug] Eee PC madness

Boyd W boydwilding at gmail.com
Sun May 25 01:54:55 MDT 2014

On a slightly-related note, I recall having trouble doing a BIOS firmware update on an old 701 eeepc. After much frustration, I discovered that the bios update code built onto the motherboard couldn't read usb flash drives over a certain size. Luckily at the time I had an old 256mb usb drive handy, which allowed me to update the bios. Just thought I'd pass this on in case anyone else happened to be suffering the same issue.