[clug] Eee PC madness

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Sat May 24 22:05:32 MDT 2014

I'm watching this thread with interest as I'm about to do something
similar. The last time I installed linux on my EEE PC I had access to an
USB CD ROM drive. If it's can't be booted off a USB stick I may have to
work out how to network boot it or remove the hard drive do the
installation to the drive then re-install it. Either option is going to
make me put this off even longer. Hence, it's good it hear it should be
bootable from a USB stick.

Jeff

Mike Carden wrote:
> A quick online search seems to suggest that hitting either Esc or F9 during
> power up should bring up a temporary boot menu (no need to mess with BIOS
> settings) which should offer a USB device as an option.
>
> It's been so long since I used an Eepc that I forget what I used to do. :)

!DSPAM:53816c1212412047511334!