[clug] verify multilpe gnu packages at once

Logan McLintock u4955237 at anu.edu.au
Sat May 10 08:47:21 MDT 2014

Hi Guys,

I am doing a deviation from Linux from scratch (LFS) and I want to verify a whole bunch of gnu packages at once. Linux from scratch uses md5sums and they check them all at once from a file called md5sums, as follows (page 15 of LFS 7.5)

wget -i wget-list -P $LFS/sources

pushd $LFS/sources
md5sum -c md5sums
popd

Now I am trying to do the same thing (I have a directory with many packages and their corresponding .sig files) and the best I can come up with is;

$ gpg --verify-files --verbose *.sig

$ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 306037D9 000BEEEE ............. need an ID for every package

$ gpg --verify-files --verbose *.sig

but its not automatic. I need to somehow grep or sed or gawk? them together? Help please =)

Regards,

Logan