[clug] Career advice in Canberra market?

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Tue Jun 17 22:09:07 MDT 2014

hi,
Can any one give me some advice on what the market is like in there department or company.

Also should I retrain and what are peoples opinions on what skills are and will be in demand.
e.g. programming languages, frameworks or software.

Note I'm not expecting any jobs offers from this.. but If you do know of any contacts to
pursue please let me know that would be appreciated. My main objective is to obtain some
knowledge about the IT market in Canberra.

I do know the Federal public service is currently in a downwards cycle and possibly the
same for private companies, so if/when it does pick up I wanted to make sure I am prepared
with the right skills and information.

thanks
Paul Wilson