[clug] Fedora 20 upgrade has broken NFS???

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Thu Jun 12 23:47:26 MDT 2014

Have you tried running the minimal failing case under strace and capturing
the output?

Then maybe compare with an editor that does work for the same file on an
nfs share. (For editor values including cat).

Often to update /nfs/some_dir/some_file an editor will read it into a
buffer, write it out to /tmp/some_file then move it from /tmp/some_file to
/nfs/some_dir/some_file
Values of /tmp may vary.

strace may show you if something like this is going on.

You might even just try

echo foo > /tmp/foo
mv /tmp/foo /nfs/some_dir/test/.

As a bit of a hail mary.