[clug] Fedora 20 upgrade has broken NFS???

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Thu Jun 12 23:06:21 MDT 2014

I have messed with the read and write sizes, to no avail, and as I have
no say over the config of the nfs server I am not able to go to nfs4.

I think it might be a little more complicated than I thought..

The clocks were out of sync. The upgrade disabled ntp for some reason
and my workstation had drifted behind by a minute and a half.

Unfortunately getting them in sync didn't help.

I would like to change my original diagnosis. while gvim fails only on
nfs, kate and gedit fail on sshfs as well.

And just to muddy the waters even more, if I use the sftp://... in
nautilus or thunar (gvfs), and open the files using kate, it all works
just peachy.

For the moment I will use this method to access the files and get my
work done, but I am so confused as to why these editors are having trouble.

Randall.