[clug] Raspberry Pi WLAN issues

Stephen Gibson Stephen.Gibson at anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 12 19:14:06 MDT 2014

Not sure how far Jessica has progressed with this, but FYI my Rpi wifi
now has had a 100% reliable connection since I started running a crontab
job, to read a temperature/humidity sensor every 10 minutes. Prior to
this, the wifi connection would fail each week. Rpi website suggests
something to do with the Rpi sleeping, and dropping the wifi connection,
but I had not found a resolution via the suggested fixes.

Further info re sensors, steer clear of DHT11 if you require an accurate
temperature reading.

Temperature/humidity:      DHT11 has only +-2C accuracy. DHT22 is more
accurate +-0.5C
Temperature only:             DS18B20 temperature  +-0.5C

Steve.