[clug] Story: Fijian Resort complex loses a single disk: business process stops for 1-2 days

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Mon Jul 28 00:51:29 MDT 2014

Hey Scott,

On 28 July 2014 16:27, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Kids, just say no. Apple: not even once. Learn from our mistakes or
>> what was the point of us making them? We did it all for you! ;-)
>
> :)
>
> All knowledge is derived from ignorance?

<snip>
> Some balance, and context.
> Despite my personal dislike for closed-source, Apple is the first thing
> I generally recommend to new computer users...

Evil. Don't do it.
"But the first one is free and it feels soo good..."
"Apple Beat me up less often than previous pimp and it's my fault when
my entire music collection is erased so Apple fantastic. Hurrah!"

No. Just no. Don't let anyone trap your friends family photographs,
music collection etc and hold to ransom. Don't recommend least smelly
prison cell. Just no. They're friends.

Is joke. I have friends who hack kernel who got caught in the
cupertino infinite loop. (Although one of them executed a daring break
statement by losing something called a "4s" in a san francisco taxi
and claimed his pink slip of triumph. "Best thing that ever happened
to me." Is how he now describes it. Company he went to got acquired by
facebrick. Hmm. But this last paragraph is clearly a troll to finish
on. If you have been, I'm sorry.