[clug] Anyone using a Chromebook?

miloska miloska at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 22:07:36 MST 2014

Hi

I use some of them for a while now (2 years?) and quite happy with it.

Chrome has SSH client app which I really like - yes, I like terminal.

I think it's a perfect second machine - if you like the idea of easy but
limited management (~tablet) but want the full keyboard and full websites
instead of the mobile version it can be a good fit.

I guess if you or your users/customers spend >90% in browser or terminal it
worth a try.

If you are on Google Apps a you can manage the devices in your domain (you
can also manage settings for Chrome)
https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1289314?hl=en

The 11" HP one perfect travelling laptop, can be charged from a USB charger
and has good battery life (and an ARM CPU with relatively low horsepower,
but for browsing it's fine).

Cheers,