[clug] Offline snooping [now lame telephone scammers]

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 04:38:56 MST 2014

On 31 January 2014 16:57, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could also feed them some mumbo jumbo about their VOIP connection -

One similar approach I tried was asking what IP address the messages
were coming from. This has resulted in the phone being hung up or the
scammer mumbling my home address.

Another time I "answered" questions using text to speech software
(espeak or festival). After 2-3 monotone & robotic responses, the
female scammer yelled "stupid!" into the phone and hung up. This would
work better if I had more canned responses ready...

Ben