[clug] bebug puzzel

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Sat Feb 1 14:46:31 MST 2014

On 01/02/14 16:51, Wesley Bruce wrote:
> Windows messed with a empty partition the linux side of my dual boot uses

I wonder whether it really was an empty partition. Sounds to me like the
Linux partition was formatted under windows because Windows didn't know
what it was (rather than really being empty). After which time the linux
initramfs cannot find your root partition in order to mount it and boot.

Seeing as you are at an emergency shell we can see if any partitions are
mounted, or if they are broken, run this and post the results:

df -h

We can then see if you still have a valid mounted partition (but maybe
in read only mode) in order to do a filesystem check on it (fsck).

-c