[clug] MHV Maker Meeting Tomorrow

Alastair D'Silva alastair at d-silva.org
Mon Sep 2 04:29:21 MDT 2013

Hi folks,

I hope you can make it to the MHV Maker Meeting at 6:30pm tomorrow. We have
some interesting lightning talks lined up and there is still room for more
talks if you want to present.

Everyone is welcome, you don't need to be a member and members don't have to
pay access.

Because the MHV space is basically a big shed, it can get quite cold, so
please dress warmly for tonight. As the space is an active workshop,
enclosed footwear is required.

We also order pizza, if you would like a share in half a large pizza from
Crust, please bring along $11.

For directions to get to MHV, see:
http://www.makehackvoid.com/community/our-space

Contact me if you have any questions or would like some help with your talk
idea.

To keep the flow going, questions will be held after all the talks. Each
lighting talk should be less than 5 minutes, however, if you have prepared
content, additional time may be granted on request.

The idea of lightning talks is to give a quick description or demo of the
most interesting aspects what you are working on. We all like to hear about
the exciting things that people are working on, or news that is of interest.
If people want to know more, they can talk to you after the formal part of
the meeting. Remember with a lightning talk the idea is to get across one or
two important points, not to cover a whole project.

If you have something to talk about, email me or put your name on the
whiteboard near the front when you arrive in the space.

Cheers,

--
Alastair D'Silva           mob: 0423 762 819
skype: alastair_dsilva     msn: alastair at d-silva.org
blog: http://alastair.d-silva.org    Twitter: @EvilDeece