[clug] Firefox default profiles directory.

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 23:43:18 MDT 2013

On 24/10/13 16:04, Randall Crook wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping someone may know the answer to this one.. I am looking to
> run two different versions of firefox on the one macchine and I dont
> want the one version messing with the others profiles.
>
> I want to know if there is a file somewhere in the firefox install where
> I can cange the default profiles location from ~/.mozilla/firefox to
> something like ~/.mozilla/firefox24 or there abouts...
>
> Any sugestions would be welcome.

Running multiple profiles is easy.... (Iceweasel/Firefox has that
capability built-in).
Running multiple versions of Iceweasel/Firefox not so much. I use a
variation of the following plus CrossOver Office to manage versions for
Windoof:-
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2400491

Kind regards