[clug] PSIG meeting - Thursday 10th October

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Oct 7 15:28:20 MDT 2013

It turns out this presentation will be mainly about using Selenium through Python, and the Selenium IDE for Firefox.

There are so many things that can go wrong, and so much conversion that needs to be done, that by the end of it most people will be wondering why put in the effort (including me!). I'm hoping that by highlighting the problems someone with the appropriate skill set might be able to look at the Selenium/Firefox interaction and figure out what's wrong.

The payoff, of course, is a set of regression tests that allow you to fearlessly refactor your code, knowing that you have the safety net of testing at many levels to warn you when you've broken something. No longer do you have to guess (or simply cross your fingers and invoke FSM).

Alex