[clug] Cheap & cheerful 7" Android tablet this weekend at Harvey Norman

Jessica Smith jessica at itgrrl.com
Sat May 18 17:44:50 MDT 2013

Hi Travis,

On Sunday, 19 May 2013, Travis Simon wrote:

I did some Android development in my last job, and I found that the quality
> of the device your are developing on will have a big impact upon your
> development experience. I am going to assume that you have already found
> the Android emulator, which is very capable and works very well.
>
> Following that, I would suggest you get a used Galaxy S3 now that the S4s
> are out, and use that for development, if at all possible. We would pass
> around those low-end devices almost like a punishment to see who had to
> debug on them.
>
> Anyway, that was just what I found. I would rather program on a slow
> computer than a slow phone, the differences seem exaggerated on the small
> device.

I already have a Nexus 7, was just looking to get something separate for
dev work & tinkering with. I figure if an app will run on a low-end device
it will run on anything. Will check the specs in more detail before buying.

Cheers,

Jessica