[clug] Cheap & cheerful 7" Android tablet this weekend at Harvey Norman

Travis Simon tsimon at gmail.com
Sat May 18 17:28:59 MDT 2013

Jessica,

I did some Android development in my last job, and I found that the quality
of the device your are developing on will have a big impact upon your
development experience. I am going to assume that you have already found
the Android emulator, which is very capable and works very well.

Following that, I would suggest you get a used Galaxy S3 now that the S4s
are out, and use that for development, if at all possible. We would pass
around those low-end devices almost like a punishment to see who had to
debug on them.

Anyway, that was just what I found. I would rather program on a slow
computer than a slow phone, the differences seem exaggerated on the small
device.