[clug] OT: Passwords to verify identity

Andrew Steele fozzy at zipworld.org
Wed May 15 22:31:02 MDT 2013

I'll just clear up a few points and let substantive discussion continue:

1. The ISP uses the same the password to access both their online account
management tools and the one my router uses.

2. It's not Pacific Internet (pacnet) - I don't want to be responsible for
giving them a bad name.

There is a connection (and lesson) for anyone who's interested.

I was with "zipworld.com.au" - who were bought out by Pacnet many years
ago.  A number of years ago I decided to setup email on my own domain so I
wasn't tied to an ISP.  That lead to the question "What domain do I
choose?".  In my searching I found "zipworld.org" was free.  I thought I'll
get that - stupidly thinking having something similar would make things
easier.

It didn't.

Confusion such as Travis' has abounded ever since - exacerbated because for
many years I used both.

A good lesson to learn, but one I'll never need again as now that I've
switched.

I'm not planning on changing again!

Andrew