[clug] rsync question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Jun 22 04:03:52 MDT 2013

I am moving data between two arrays. I use this command
	rsync -aSv --progress rsync://root@e7/root/data1/ /data1
to pull the data from 'e7' to a local disk (both arrays mounted on /data1 and
'root' is a module that exports e7:/, created just for this purpose).

Not all the data seems to arrive. The copy did not complete but one of the large
subdirectories shows less files in the target (71k) than the source (82k).
Does rsync copy full directories in order or can some files arrive later?

Sourcing as 'root at e7' should give me read access to everything - right?

Also, am I correct that rsync does *not* encrypt the data, and since the
two arrays can do ~500MB/s I should expect the wire to be the limiting
factor? The only CPU work is the checksum calcs.

TIA

/etc/rsync.dconf
[root]
	path = /