[clug] Is anyone willing to install Kubuntu for me? For a fee?

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Fri Jul 26 04:22:00 MDT 2013

On 26/07/13 19:21, Paul C. Leopardi wrote:
> Finally, what setup and I left with on the disk? As far as I can tell, the
> disk has a GPT file system with an EFI partition. I am not sure if the EFI
> partition is being used, and I am not sure of the contents of the MBR
> either.

Unless I'm mistaken (highly likely) if you're using a GPT partition
table then you won't be using MBR bootloader.

You'll need to use parted, not fdisk to see the real partition table layout:
sudo parted /dev/sda print

Note, "Partition Table" entry.

Your EFI partition will be a FAT32 partition probably housing your
kernel, etc.

-c