[clug] linux Digest, Vol 127, Issue 21

Keith Sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Wed Jul 24 18:32:56 MDT 2013

On Wednesday 24 July 2013 Paul Leopardi pleaded (pled?) for help :

>    1. Is anyone willing to install Kubuntu for me?

      I speak from a very low level of technical knowledge but if you have an
original source disk then something that has worked for me in a similar
situation was to use Partition Manager to delete the problem partition,
recreate a new partition and then boot from the source disk and follow
instructions for a new loading into that new partition.  But, as a precaution
against just this sort of thing, I keep systems software and data files on
separate hard drives.  If yours are all on the same drive, or at least in the
same partition, it may be less easy.
Keith Sayers                                  keiths at apex.net.au
6 Clambe Place
CHARNWOOD, ACT 2615,