[clug] zfs on linux

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 20:45:50 MDT 2013

8Gb ram, only dedup and compression applied on some filesystems in the
single pool.
Initially I followed the warnings, and found they don't really impact my
setup.
The reason for zfs is the read/write caching, which turned a very lethargic
setup into something good via a 64GB SSD zil and l2arc partition setup.
So far there has been a minor performance boost with the changes. Nothing
to get excited about though.