[clug] Calendar server for Debian?
carlo at carlo-hamalainen.net
Mon Jul 1 06:09:17 MDT 2013
On 01/07/13 19:03, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> One of the web based clients??
I got AgenDAV working without too much hassle:
Once I worked out the url for the calendar that AgentDAV had created I
was able to see it in Thunderbird/Lightning, add events, etc. So that
> Please post your results.
* DAViCal back-end: http://www.davical.org
* AgenDAV front-end: http://agendav.org
* Thunderbird with Lightning on my laptop.
* Firefox browser on my Android phone to view the AgenDAV front-end.
> I'm keen to remove the Google component but like the
> authentication and (free) SMS features.
I'm doing an experiment to see how I can manage without the "cloud"
services that everyone uses these days (gmail, dropbox, etc).
So far I have:
* Self-hosted email on my Linode. Thunderbird on my laptop, K-9 Mail on
my phone. I followed this great guide: http://workaround.org/ispmail/squeeze
* File storage on my Linode, synchronisation using Unison. I've been
using Unison for quite a few years.
* DAViCal calendar for Thunderbird/Lightning, Android phone.
* cyanogenmod on my Galaxy S3. Still need a gmail address to download
things from the Play Store, so I've made a separate account for that.
* Amazon S3 for archiving some important files, complementing my USB
* git-annex/assistant for synchronising files.
* CardDAV (?) for synchronising contact info (email, phone number).
More information about the linux