[clug] Printer recommendations?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 16:40:26 MST 2013

On 8 January 2013 23:19, Simon Oxwell <soxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Fuji-Xerox, who seem to be doing some really interesting stuff using LED
> instead of lasers and have a sub-$200 colour printer with 2400x2400 dpi
> resolution (and recommeded by a work colleague), but is GDI Host-based and
> Fuji-Xerox offer nothing in the way of FOSS drivers. Seriously cheap kit.

Can't comment on the GDI based ones but I have a DocuPrint CM305DF
(network based) and it "just works". I have a PPD that I think I just
pulled from the OSX driver page. I seem to remember it being
advertised as having Linux support and when I emailed support they
pointed me to the PPD.

Scanning works fine as you just set it up to scan to a Samba share
with a username/password.