[clug] Chasing a Cheap Android Tablet

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Mon Feb 18 16:06:05 MST 2013

I may end up with the Kogan Agora.

So far I've read reviews for, it was a late night,

Zenithink C94. The guy who recount the story said he really liked his
C91 and recommend this brand to his friend. The unit has had nothing but
software problems from the out set starting with a UI error message when
the unit was first booted. He ended up doing a full reset and reflashing
the unit. Not an experience I wish to duplicate and really hope that
this was extraordinary case.

Ampe A10. The review I saw was on http://liliputing.com/ The unit they
received for review had a bubble in screen and dead pixels. While I
don't expect a high quality finish or necessarily a lightning fast
machine I would expect reasonable build quality and the lack of defects
in the display area. Things like a rough finish to the physical case
etcetera would be acceptable.

When I find time today/this even I'm planning to find and read a couple
of review for the smartq lines ( http://smartme.com/ ). These don't look
too bad the video I watched last night about one of the 7 inch models
looked good. May have to stretch the budget a bit though if I want
anything fast than 1GHz with a 10 inch screen. Then again that's likely
to be fast enough.

Talking video's I came across these guys ( http://www.pengpod.com/ ).
They have a 7 inch model, and 10 inch model which are designed to not
only run Android but to dual boot into Linux. Here's three video's
showing the 7 inch model (
http://filmsbykris.com/v4/video.php?v=eUbMkeMjK9U# )

Jeff.